|Snow peas kissed by smoke adds a delicious flavor to this spring salad combination|
With four select ingredients readily available throughout the year, you can make this flavorful and healthy salad anytime of the year. Perfect on its own for lunch or as a side dish to beef, pork, poultry, and fish, you’ll find your own variations to keep it unique.
- 1 lb. of smoked sugar snow peas (see our previous posting on smoking snow peas)
- 2 mini cucumbers, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- ½ pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup of fresh dill chopped (or use a quality jar dill if fresh is not available)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
|Fresh & Savory Ingredients|
Preparing The Dressing:In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and lemon zest until smooth. You will see the dressing thicken as you whisk. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until coated.
|A Quick Whisk|