|Our Snow Pea Cucumber Salad kissed by smoke adds a delicious flavor to this spring salad.|
With four select ingredients readily available throughout the year, you can make this flavorful and healthy salad anytime of the year. Perfect on its own for lunch or as a side dish to beef, pork, poultry, and fish, you’ll find your own variations to keep it unique.
- 1 lb. of smoked sugar snow peas (see our previous posting on smoking)
- 2 mini cucumbers, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- ½ pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup of fresh dill chopped (or use a quality jar dill if fresh is not available)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
Preparing the Salad:
Add the smoked snow peas to a salad bowl. Stir in the cucumbers, tomatoes, and dill. Be sure you stir gently to prevent breaking up the cucumbers and tomatoes. Stirring will allow some of the char flavor of the peas to reach the juices of the cucumber and tomato.
Preparing The Dressing:
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and lemon zest until smooth. You will see the dressing thicken as you whisk. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until coated.
I simply love this salad for a healthy lunch, snack, or as a side to dinner. Feel free to add some additional crunchy items like pumpkin seeds, dried fruits, or even tortilla shell strips. And DON’T FORGET to take a picture of your masterpiece and send along to us at SmokinLicious®. Hope you try this recipe Smoked Snow Peas With Cucumber Salad.